The Importance of Mold Removal

There are times that we find home and building maintenance really difficult to do so, we forget to keep up with and just leave our homes the way it is. In humid places, the chance of mold growth is high because of how fast the moisture can penetrate into the walls of our houses. Mold is everywhere, indoors or outdoors, so don’t be surprised that you find them even around the house where water is always there.  

Mold Removal 

Mold has a lot of structural impact on your house. They feed on organic matter, so they will penetrate themselves into the insulation, walls and even the carpets. Mold can break down those surfaces, resulting to damage. It is a serious damage that you should pay attention to. Aside from the structural damage, it can also affect the health of people. Mold removal is very important, and if you still need convincing read the following.  


Avoid Structural Damage  

You might not even realize that mold is growing in your house, because they mostly penetrate the spaces you don’t see too often. Places like the load-bearing beams and structural supports are the common spaces where black mold grows. If you don’t act right away, it will get into a porous space and eat them away until nothing is left. Do not just ignore it because of its appearance, it cause serious problems on the structure of your house.  

Avoid Health Problem 

When you clean your house or building, don’t just settle on the obvious spaces you see. Pay attention to the spaces where the mold usually grows, and these spaces are often on the hidden parts of your house. If you leave it unchecked, it can cause serious health problems both to pets and humans. Black mold poisoning can also cause coughing, headaches and sometimes worse than that.  

Mold can cause allergic reactions to people like bronchial irritation, runny nose, asthma attacks and water eyes. The molds found in our homes are catastrophic, especially if left unnoticed. When you deal with them, you should be fast because the longer it will take you to have them removed, the worse the outbreak can be.  

Removing Mold 

People have been asking the question if you can DIY mold removal or not, our answer is yes. It is possible to remove the mold on your own only when you recognize its first signs of growth. Make sure you buy the EPA-registered fungicide to kill the mold. One effective way to make them never come back is to eliminate the source of moisture.  

There are just few points you have to remember. First, using bleach is not enough. It is too weak to kill the mold spores. Bleach only suspends their development, but then they will grow again. Second, paints and household cleaners only hide the problem, not eliminate it. They are not strong enough like the bleach. They are also not capable of cleaning the contaminated areas. The paint also hides the problem, not fix it.